Discover the legacy of the Bowie knife, an iconic fixed-blade knife rooted in the 19th century and brought to fame in Arkansas by the illustrious Jim Bowie. Traditionally employed for hunting, the Bowie knife is characterized by its distinctive cross guard and clip point. Today, this knife remains a collector's favorite and an essential for hunters worldwide. At Battling Blades, our Bowie knives are meticulously crafted with thick steel, ensuring durability without compromising on quality. They are designed primarily for hunting tasks such as skinning and butchering and are not intended for use as weapons.
Exceptional Blade Craftsmanship
Our Bowie knife is masterfully forged from Pattern-welded Damascus steel. This intricately folded carbon steel offers:
- 11 steel pieces, folded five times, resulting in 352 resilient layers.
- Optimal hardness with a Rockwell rating of 55-56 HRC.
- Incorporation of high-carbon 1095 steel, the gold standard in sword-making.
- A blade designed for a sharp edge retention and to resist intense forces.
Detailed Knife Features
- Handle: Crafted from walnut wood, accented with horn and Damascus steel bolsters.
- Sheath: Premium leather for protection and portability.
- Overall Length: 12"
- Damascus steel core.
- 6 Layers of Carbon Steel (#43 & #40).
- 5 Layers of High Carbon Steel (1095).
- 1st Fold: 22 Layers
- 2nd Fold: 44 Layers
- 3rd Fold: 88 Layers
- 4th Fold: 176 Layers
- 5th Fold: 352 Layers
12" Bowie Knife: A Fusion of Legacy and Craftsmanship
Delve into history and elevate your collection or hunting experience with our High Carbon Damascus Steel Bowie Knife. Perfectly merging tradition and modern craftsmanship.