Exquisite Marble Chess Table Set
Experience luxury and artistry with our handcrafted marble chess table set, each piece meticulously carved to perfection.
- Unique Craftsmanship: No two squares are alike, making each board a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
- Traditional Staunton Pieces: Handmade chess pieces, designed in the classic Staunton style.
- Protection: Felt-padded bottoms on each piece ensure the board remains scratch-free.
- Material: Crafted from red and white coral marble, echoing the pure, authentic aesthetics of original Staunton sets from London.
- Design Continuity: The pristine white coral marble extends gracefully into the table's border.
- Dimensions: The board boasts a 24” diameter, standing proudly at 23" in height.
- Easy Assembly: The table ships in parts, simply resting atop each other, ready for straightforward assembly upon arrival.
Your Set Includes:
- 24” Marble Board
- Board Height: 23"
- 64 Square Tiles: 32 Red & 32 White
- Continual White Border
- 32 Hand-carved Chess Pieces:
- 2 Kings
- 2 Queens
- 4 Bishops
- 4 Knights
- 4 Rooks
- 16 Pawns
A Brief Journey through Chess History:
Chess traces its roots to northwest India, where in the 6th century it began as "chaturaṅga", denoting four divisions of infantry, cavalry, elephants, and chariotry. These evolved into the contemporary pawn, knight, bishop, and rook. Transported along the Silk Road, the game reached Western Europe and Russia by the 9th century. Adapted by the Muslim world after Persia's conquest, it underwent naming shifts, with "checkmate" originating from the Persian "shāh māt", meaning "the king is helpless". By the 15th century, transformative rule changes in southern Europe crystallized the game, rendering it largely as we recognize it today.