Viking Age/ Carolingian Sword - 26" High Carbon Damascus Steel Masterpiece
Overview: Immerse yourself in history with this finely-crafted Viking sword, reminiscent of the weapons wielded by the fierce Scandinavian warriors of yore. Drawing inspiration from the Roman Gladius, this single-handed sword was meticulously designed for both slashing and thrusting. Evolving from the Merovingian sword in the 8th century, its popularity thrived until the 12th century, paving the way for the early knightly swords known as the Norman swords.
- Material: Pristine pattern-welded Damascus steel, renowned for its unique patterns and resilient properties.
- Layers: A staggering 352 layers are achieved through a meticulous process, folding 11 pieces of steel five times.
- Composition: A blend of high carbon steel (1095 - highest carbon content in sword crafting) and other superior carbon steels (#43 and #40).
- Hardness: Rated between 55 and 56 on the Rockwell Hardness scale, ensuring a perfect balance between sharpness and durability.
- Handle: Crafted from bone, accentuated with brass bolsters for an authentic and comfortable grip.
- Overall Length: 26 inches
- Sheath: Complemented by a protective leather sheath, keeping the sword safe and at your side.
- 1st Fold: 22 Layers
- 2nd Fold: 44 Layers
- 3rd Fold: 88 Layers
- 4th Fold: 176 Layers
- 5th Fold: 352 Layers
Experience the weight, balance, and history of the Viking Age with this high carbon Damascus steel sword—a masterful blend of ancient design and modern craftsmanship.
Was a gift for my husband and he loved it! Nice solid blade
My 39 year old husband’s eye LIT UP with joy and excitement when he opened this Christmas Day. He even brought it on our trip to visit family so he could show his dad, my dad, and my brother. They all think it’s bad ass too. Amazing!
My husband will freak! Package arrived untouched and ahead of schedule considering its thr holidays I was please with delivery. Thank you, keep up the great work!