Red Katana: A Symphony of Craftsmanship and Heritage
Dive deep into the history and artistry of feudal Japan with our exquisite Red Katana. Once wielded by the revered samurai, the katana stands tall as a symbol of honor, precision, and martial skill. The distinctive curvature, an extended grip suited for two hands, and a protective circular guard are hallmarks of its iconic design.
Western martial scholars often extol the katana as one of the superior cutting weapons in global military annals. Our katana, stretching a majestic 40.5", exceeds the typical size of 24", marking it as a true reflection of its storied lineage.
Every inch of this katana is steeped in tradition. Crafted from Red Pattern-welded Damascus steel, the blade undergoes a meticulous process. Starting with 11 distinct steel pieces, it is folded five times, culminating in 352 individual layers. The resultant blade achieves a delicate balance: hard yet durable, with a Rockwell hardness rating of 55-56 HRC.
At its core, the high carbon content - a robust 1095 steel, offers this blade its incredible edge retention and flexibility. Ensuring it can withstand powerful strikes, yet maintain a razor-sharp edge.
The handle, made from fine wood, is complemented by shimmering brass bolsters. The katana's elegance is further accentuated with its pristine white handle, and it comes housed in a protective sheath made of wood and leather.
- Overall Length: An impressive 40.5", exuding authority.
- Sheath: Hand-crafted Wood and Leather, offering protection and aesthetic appeal.
- Blade Material: Superior Damascus Steel, known for its durability and edge retention.
- Tang: Full, offering added strength and durability.
- Handle: Quality Wood, with a pristine white finish and brass bolsters.
- Rockwell Hardness: 55-56 HRC, ensuring a durable blade that retains its edge.
- 6 Layers of Carbon Steel (#43 & #40)
- 5 Layers of High Carbon Steel (1095)
- Folding Sequence: 11x2=22, 22x2=44, 44x2=88, 88x2=176, 176x2=352.